One of the world’s top processing and packaging machinery events hits Melbourne on 24th-27th March, and AUSPACK 2015 is breaking records, promising to be the biggest yet.
As a proud sponsor of this fantastic event in its 30th year, here are 3 great reasons to see us:
1. Serial learning
It’s not just about the latest and greatest products and technology (although see point 2!). AUSPACK is a fantastic forum to share a wealth of knowledge and experience across the industry. And for the first time, this year’s National Technical Forums will span across four days. No fewer than 39 speakers from 8 countries will share their insights around the theme “Open Innovation and Collaboration”.
One of them is our own Mark Dingley, GM of Operations at Matthews, and Chairman of the APPMA. Mark will be giving a presentation about serialisation on the first day, Tuesday 24th, in the second session from 11:30-1:30pm. Mark will talk about “Establishing track & trace: serialisation to gain complete traceability and enable authentication”. Don’t miss out! You may also find it useful to read our “101 presentation” on serialisation.
2. Latest and greatest products and technology
AUPACK is not just a fantastic forum to share a wealth of knowledge and experience across the industry (although… see point 1!). This year, Matthews has again been named a finalist for the Best New Product Award, sponsored by PKN, which will be awarded on Tuesday, 25th March, at the 2015 APPMA Industry Excellence Awards.
This award is designed to recognise the most innovative product or equipment in the packaging and processing industry that’s launched in Australia for the first time during AUSPACK 2015. Our entry is the A-Series Label Printer Applicator — a primary, secondary and tertiary labelling solution that is not only the easiest-to-use print-and apply system on the market, but is ideal for manufacturers with very high demands on ease of use and uptime.
All up there are 9 finalists, including a case-packing robot (from ABB Australia), a case packer (from Case Packing Systems) and the Ulysses Shelf Ready Case Packer (from Walls Machinery/Adaptapack).
Matthews is pretty chuffed to have won three previous awards at AUSPACK: in 2011 our integration software iDSnet won the APPMA Design Achievement Award; and we’ve also won Best New Product twice — in 2009 for our product traceability and production reporting software iDSnet Express, and in 2007 for the fibre YAG laser, which codes directly onto flexible films without piercing the substrate. So come and see us on stand 360 to get a run through of this latest piece of finalist equipment as well as other new technologies that will be on the stand.
3. Catch up for a coffee
Take a break and discuss your application over a cup of Beraldo coffee at our stand (360). As with previous AUSPACKs, we’ll have our well-attended Chameleon Bar open for drinks and refreshments from 3:30pm each day. Come and join us to discuss the latest in manufacturing trends and best practice from around the world in identification and inspection technologies.
Biggest show ever
AUSPACK 2015 is breaking records. Here’s how the expo stacks up in numbers.
* 30 years. Back in 1985, a dozen companies gathered on a cement floor at Sydney’s Hordern Pavilion for the first specialised trade show for packaging and processing machinery. Thirty years on, AUSPACK has become one of the biggest events on the industry’s calendar — not just for Australia and New Zealand, but globally.
* 315 exhibitors. More than 315 exhibitors will gather in the Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre (aka “Jeff’s Shed”) at the end of March — the highest in the event’s 30 year history. This includes 1,200 brands, 67 APPMA member companies and more than 80 international names. Among them will be some of the founding member companies, including Walls Machinery, CPS, Heat & Control, MPI and Nordson. And of course, Matthews Australasia will be there at stand 360 – come and visit us!
* 8,017 square metres. Make sure you pack your walking shoes because this year’s food and beverage processing technology and packaging machinery will stretch over a staggering 8,017 square metres – bigger than any other AUSPACK.
* 4 days of learning. As per above, AUSPACK isn’t only about revealing the latest and greatest products and technology, it’s a fantastic forum to share a wealth of knowledge and experience across the industry. And for the first time, this year’s National Technical Forums span four days, when 39 speakers from 8 countries will share their insights around the theme “Open Innovation and Collaboration”. So you don’t miss out, click here to register and download the full program.
* Unlimited opportunities. If you haven’t been to AUSPACK before, this is the year it counts. Among the product launches, networking and learning, AUSPACK is a great opportunity for any business to tap into the knowledge of industry specialists and find out exactly how to deliver sustainable productivity, efficiency and cost optimisation.
Matthews is a proud sponsor of AUSPACK in its 30th year, as well as an exhibitor. Visit us at stand 360 to join us for a cuppa and find out about our newest solutions!
Want to check out what happened at other global shows? See here for interpack 2014 (when 2,700 exhibitors and 175,000 visitors in the packaging and processing sector came together in one place), or foodpro (4 days, 300+ stands, 20,000 square metres and one gale-force storm). Or see our wrap-up of AUSPACK 2015 here.echo adrotate_ad(10, true, 0, 0);